Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Next month: Sanctity of Life


In honor of Sanctity of Life month, I thought I'd share a website with you.


"Lynn v. Sekulow is an ongoing debate blog--a blogalogue--about how big (or little) a role faith and religion should play in American politics and government, featuring the two leading voices of the church/state battle: American Center for Law & Justice Chief Counsel Jay Sekulow and Americans United for Separation of Church and State Executive Director Rev. Barry W. Lynn."

I love this. A debate blog about church, state, faith and politics. If you've ever heard Jay Sekulow on the radio you're shaking your head up and down right now because he gets so passionate about the topics that are highlighted. I don't always get to listen to the radio so enjoy this blog for a number of reasons. For one, I'd love to have the eloquent vocabulary and wittiness to debate like they do, but alas, it happens only in my dreams. Another reason is that it just gets me so fired up. For example when Barry Lynn calls pro-lifers, "anti-choicers..." Oh yes, I've heard it for years and it still gets me fired up! And did you see that "Rev" is placed before his name? Incomprehensible. And one more reason that I enjoy this blog is because it reminds me that Americans really DO have to get involved if we want to see things happen in our nation. That can take on many different forms from boycotting companies to signing petitions, to sharing information with your friends and family to donating at the end of the year. There are lots of options but I believe that staying abreast on what is happening in our nation is critical.

There is one disclaimer though, don't send the kids to the blog on their own. Lots of Christian bashing going on. Yuck. To be expected with such emotion laden topics.
3 John 1:4
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

On the "blogalogue" I noticed there was an advertisement for Debi Pearl's new movie. So while I'm at it, I'll mention http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/ -another website focusing on family and child rearing in a biblical manner. The Pearls are probably best known for their books and they send out free newsletters that are sure to challenge worldly thinking. The book "Created to be His Help Meet" has saved and strengthened hundreds, maybe thousands of marriages. I guarantee if you read it, it will rock your boat, you can borrow my copy if you'd like (thank you Sara). I also think it's great that they have a burden for military families and prisoners too.

I'll put one more disclaimer out for the Pearls materials though. I said that it was "challenging" - well you might want to have a pastor that's willing to answer some questions about some of their teachings. They make some radical statements about the Bible, mostly in their newsletters. It's not that much and it makes for great conversation ***more to get fired up about!

No comments: