Here is a most studious photo of Asher, learning all that he can from his brothers and sister. All his life he's heard about things like smarshmellows and smashed potatoes (marshmallows and mashed potatoes), moe-ku-matrol cars (remote control cars), koeka dots (polka dots) and my personal favorite - soomidifier (humidifier). Isabel is hilarious as she uses the word "hers" for every form of female possession. For example the other day she told me this about our neighbor's dog. "Mama, hers is not a boy, hers is a girl." None of the other kids ever talked like that, and I know that I have to correct it eventually...but for now, I think it is just so precious and quite frankly, amusing.
No worries, we'll get it all straightened out by the time they leave home....hopefully. The English language is a tough one, just ask Evan and Grant who are trying to get it all figured out. And with parents who allow this kind of nonsense language...it's a miracle any of them learn how to read or speak!
No comments:
Post a Comment