Thursday, July 22, 2010

July Pictures












Here are a couple of shots of my cousin's baby shower. This is family from my dad's side, so I get a little extra emotional being around them. The top picture is my cousin, Angie. Her first baby after 16 years of being married, so they're super excited. The next picture is Angie and her sister Tammi (the hostess), with my sister Alissa. Tammi really wanted some "baby bump" pictures but I'm afraid I didn't have much of a baby bump to compare. This is my smallest pregnancy and haven't really started to *show* until this last week (23 weeks). No worries, I'm a-bloomin' as you can see that the bottom picture at 20 weeks shows a tinier bod than the top two at 22 weeks. Sheesh, can you tell that's my most comfy/favorite outfit right now?




So there's the official announcement. We're expecting a new baby the middle of November. We're excited, and yes, it was planned. You'd be surprised at how many people ask that personal question. But then again, I suppose not everyone has met too many couples who would actually plan a seventh baby. Seven. I would have never, ever dreamed that when Chad proposed to me seventeen years ago that we'd have a family of seven kiddos. One of the best parts of this pregnancy has definitely been the kids. They were so little seven years ago, the last time I was pregnant. So this has been fun to experience it through their eyes (and to hear their comments about how HUGE I'm going to get, that's especially sweet ;)) Amazing, and so completely blessed. Certainly a quiverful.




This pregnancy has been a story of new and unexpected experiences and feelings. Progesterone. Guilt. Shock. Joy. Cravings. Lonliness. Happiness. Surprise. Sweet Siblings. Exercise. Quietness. Happy Daddy. Thyroid. Healthy Supplements. Speedy Weeks.




I told my SIL that pregnancy is such a wierd and bizarre bodily experience (remember that Megan?) and yet, I completely love it so very much. I told Chad the other night that I wished that I could get stuck at this stage just a little longer, it's just going too fast and we're on the heels of the third trimester already. Wierd - I know. I've been told. I have friends who cannot wait for it to all be over, or whose husbands are disgusted by it all. I get that it's not for everyone, and that's alright. God created us each so different, and I am totally honored that He has blessed us with another new being and I'll savor the pregnancy with all the craziness it brings. My godson Samuel (you remember how he went to be with the Lord too soon) and his parents taught me all about the savoring part, we'll take the number of days that the Lord sees fit as a blessing. I want to wake up every day and remember to savor.




For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.


Psalm 139:13

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What fun and happy news! I had no idea! Seven blessings - that's a great biblical number:) So when do we find out whether it is a boy or girl?!? I wanna know [tapping foot impatiently]:)
Praying for lots of strength, joy and good health.
Your Sister in Christ,
Leigh

Lisa said...

Becky!!! Congratulations! I wondered how the next Boggs would come to be. You love mothering so much.. I'm very happy for you. Crying actually! But that may be the hormones. We are due in January!!