***
I remember when we were expecting Adam and a lady from church told me that adding another will certainly "grow him up quickly" (referring to Drew) --uh uh, not what I wanted to hear AT ALL. I thought about that a long time, and from that moment on I vowed that we'd take extra care in making sure that didn't really happen. Each time we add to our family, we think of the little ones as still being little and try not to make unreasonable demands on them - the Daddy of the house is super great at helping out with this too. Though we're not perfect in all we attempt, we try to check in and take all the necessary time and energy to love on each of them as their world changes, knowing that it's changing just as much as ours!
***
We'd love, love your prayers as we prepare to go from a family of eight to a family of nine. Never would have dreamed it, but seriously feels like a dream. We are all very excited. And I think I've mentioned this before, but having older kiddos this time around has really added a fun dimension that I never would have guessed. They love going with me to the appointments, feeling all the kicks, rubbing my belly, and visiting about how life is going to be so different. Their protectiveness of me is so very precious - no mom can't play kickball, or push shopping carts, or even walk by the lady cleaning out the bird cage at the nursing home for fear that I might smell the chemicals. Oh I pray they're this chivalrous as they grow older, I don't ever want to forget.
1 comment:
Oh Goodness Becky, you look precious... really not that big:) Praying for you all and especially you and baby Boggs. Thinking of you so often these days... we will have to talk real soon!
Sara
Post a Comment