Saturday, January 15, 2011

My man


While Chad takes seven kiddos to the gym (five of ours and two friends) I thought I'd type quick and wish him a happy birthday. I am so blessed to have this amazing gentleman in my life. He is so gentle, tender, assertive, caring and protective. The man is intense with his ministry to his family and to his congregations. I never ever dreamed life with him could be so sweet and adventurous - he has taken me from Wyoming to England, all over Europe and to Iceland before settling back in Nebraska for a few years. He then led us on one more journey to Missouri before once more coming back to Nebraska. Twenty years ago (woe that sounds like a long time) nobody could have ever convinced me that our lives would include so many experiences, and so many blessings in the form of children. But the greatest thing about Chad is his love for God, all our adventures have been richer because of Chad's leading and seeking the Lord's guidance through it all. I pray I never take his love for granted.
***
I woke up this morning thinking about his past birthdays and especially remembering his 18th. For a gift, I got him a gold bracelet that said, "Chad" on one side and "Happy 18th Love, Becky" on the other side. It will always be a special memory because I had the word "Love" inscribed on it. What a bold move! We had been dating for only a few months (4 1/2) and he had told me he loved me at Christmas. I was, uh, in love, but scared to say it back so I said, "Ditto." Nice move Beck. Total farm-girl-from-the-sticks type of move, I tell ya. So I went with the bracelet and the rest is history.
***
Maybe someday I'll post about how we met, how many ladies I had to beat up to get this trophy of a guy. See? Told you I was a "farm girl."
But that will have to wait. Remember the tea post? I need to care for the two wee ones that were left behind this afternoon, naptime's over.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Becky, I love the ditto comment! That is hilarious and precious. You may have grown up a farm girl, but nobody would ever know it:). Thinking of all of you!