It's been a little crazy around here lately and the blog has not been very high on the "to do list." I've had good intentions, and I have lots of pictures. I even have those amazing witty posts (yes, snicker now) created in my mind. But this past month has been full of all kinds of activities that have derailed my normal routine.
For the sake of journaling, let's see if I can recall some of our top events of the past month or so:
*Asher turned the big 3 with a super fun party with family
*Drew and Chad sang in the community Easter Cantata
*I successfully gave up all sugar for six weeks (and of course didn't tell too many people thinking I wasn't capable, ha)
*Chad did his AF Reserve training for nearly three weeks and we joined him for two of those
*Several school subjects were finished up (just a few more to go)
*Final guitar lessons for Drew and Adam
*Prayers were being answered and our churches are growing
*More prayers were being answered and people are rededicating their lives to Christ
*Even more prayeres were being answered and my sister is in a relationship with an awesome guy (that Chad and I sort of encouraged her to meet - and I joke that if this is successful that I'm starting a lucrative dating service, j/k, like I have time for that)
*And even more prayers were answered by bringing another homeschool family to our town, who just happen to be pastoring another church
*Our hearts are grieving losses of those (loved ones and church people) that have passed away (it's a bittersweet knowing they're no longer in pain and alive in Christ, we just miss them)
*Our garden produce is arriving (we have a sweet woman from church who works at the school and gardens as her summer job, so for just $10/week she bring us huge portions of yummy food - could I buy, plant, water, maintain and gather for that price? I think not.)
*We adopted a gerbil and several fish
*Baseball started for Drew, Evan and Grant
*Micah turned six months old (big, big sigh). He's such a sweet little pumpkin. Scooting all over, rolling, patty caking, smiling and drooling - with the most precious blue eyes and wild blond hair. Completly spoiled. Love it.
And now we decide (and pray) about adding 4H, the Bible Bee, and pottery classes to the summer. Or sprinklers, popscicles, fishing and hiking. Or all! Sweet sweet summer.
1 comment:
Wow, you have been crazy busy! I miss you... Micah, does have some beautiful blue eyes:) That was a pretty funny picture of the whole family Becky... good memories I am sure. Love you all!
Sara
Post a Comment