I stand here with Chad's laptop amidst a nearly empty apartment. It's ten o'clock at night and Chad has just headed out to help friends load their moving truck. Having just put the kids to bed, I thought I should post a quick update on our family before we head out. It's difficult to know how to quickly summarize the past two weeks of our lives. I believe it's safe to say that our emotions have been all over the map.
I'll begin with the "play" part of my post. Seth and Megan and Ethan (Chad's brother's family)came for a four day visit, what a blessing to be able to take breaks with them and play. We had a wonderful balance of work and fun the days they were here. I cannot believe what all we packed into those days - Ted Drewes frozen yogurt, turtle park, Grant's farm, seminary campus tour, etc. And what love to travel all the way from Seward, NE for a getaway and offer to help pack and clean! And we would have never dreamed that their timing was so perfect. The second day they were here we got some devastating news. Cousin George and Crystal's new baby was diagnosed with Swine Flu and two hours later our good friends, the Hays family who had lost their 9 yr. old just 18 months ago, called to beg our prayers...their six month old baby had stopped breathing. Late at night, Seth was able to stay with the kids while we rushed to the hospital to be by their side after the news that little Nate Andrew did not make it. Nate was a miracle, and such an amazing blessing to Jerry, Gretchen & Noah (their 7 yr. old). This little guy already had an amazing story at such a young age, as he was adopted by them and in their arms through a series of unforgettable details. Please join us again to lift this family up, I love how my friend Sara says it "storm the gates of heaven" on their behalf. His memorial service was Tuesday, and it was a blessing to see and be with our friends (friends that have just moved back from vicarage and the Hintzes all the way from Oklahoma, that part was so nice). Just wish it didn't have to be for such a heart shattering event. We'll be hanging out with the Hays tomorrow night, their family and friends have slowly started getting back to their own lives and now they face the next phase of healing. It's going to be hard to not be near them to check in with them, but we'll do our best long distance.
George's new little guy, Walker Jamesm is healing though - Praise God. That was news we really needed.
As for our move and all the details. I'll keep it short for now...it's late and we need to get a few things loaded tonight. We'll have an apartment inspection tomorrow afternoon, July 31st.
Our new churches will be Zion in Red Cloud and Grace in Franklin, Nebraska. We'll be living in a parsonage in Red Cloud, population 1000. Franklin boasts 3000. We're excited, and yes there are a ton of details that go with this story. But I'm signing off with the happy ending. We have a church and a home. And I just want to say that our last two weeks would have looked very different if it had not been for an angel who mentored Chad, an angel in the form of a wise pastor. You know who you are, thank you.
Oh and one more thing. I love when the Lord reveals things, and the pieces seem to fit. The tears I cried on "Call Day" - well that is just the way it had to be, they had to fall in order for all the pieces to fit. It's complex and I'm really trying hard to preserve a few folks in this story, but in order for our family to get to this week and be heading to this destination...it had to work this way. Isn't that something? Amazing. Oh, if God could drop a sticky note or something. It wouldn't have to be much :).
And now I really must sign off for a few weeks. We're off to Red Cloud and Frankin for a week and then we're going to do something adventurous - camping for 35 days in South Dakota so we can be near Chad while he does his Air Force training. I know it's a little crazy, but that's how we roll!
1 comment:
Becky, I love you friend. Wow, I can't believe you are packed and leaving in a couple of days... CRAZY how fast the time goes. I am so so thankful God chose to allow our paths to cross there in St. Louis.
Becky, I am praying that the next few weeks are really awesome. I am praying that the transition for all 8 of you will be smooth and really a special time as a family. We love you guys.
Waiting on those renewed promises:) Are the raindrops falling on your end? You sound like you are doing good, considering all of the craziness of this whole journey... to God be the glory:)
We love you guys!
Sara
Post a Comment