Sunday, October 9, 2011

End of Summer: God's sweet sweet faithfulness







To end our adventurous summer, we met up with some special friends from Seminary - The Hintz Crew, minus Caleb & Greg (we missed you guys!).








***








It was the first time we got to meet our precious and beautiful goddaughter, Hope Jubilee Marie. To see her with Asher was so sweet!


***



When I look at these pictures, I see God's faithfulness. My heart can barely even stand it! Our adoption stories are over-the-top, God inspired, no way that could even happen-type of stories. At one point in our journey, I had written to Shaohannah's Hope that throughout each adoption, we felt so very close to God and I even went as far to write that there were times that we felt so close to Him, and so completely convinced that we were doing His will....that we could feel His breath on our backs. I know. I already said that it was "over the top." If you've been around us concerning this topic, this is no surprise. So I've shared before how God has changed our lives through adoption, but have I ever shared how I prayed for the Lord to use our story to bring even more children home to a forever home? Sure did. The Hintz family walked by our side while we adopted Asher, they witnessed the challenges and the sweetness of it all. And look what God did! Just a few short years later, He blessed THEM with a beautiful daughter!! And to sweeten the deal for us, and of course He didn't have to do this (but that's who HE is!), He allowed us to witness their journey, pray for God's mercy, praise Him for carrying them through and be honored enough to call her our goddaughter. I tell you, I do not say it lightly when I say that widows and orphans are very, very dear to His heart. James 1:27: Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

***



And I'm going to post about Micah right after this (if you're reading this, you've already read it) but the next time I blog you must prepare yourselves for some dangerously adorable pictures of another little guy who found his forever home. All Glory be to Him!













Sweet faithfulness.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh my these posts of these precious children. Becky, that picture of Hope and Asher... oh.. my... goodness... they are so precious... You know I love you and are so very blessed by your friendship, encouragement, support and love! You are a treasure to me:)
Sara