Thursday, June 14, 2012

Set Apart


"What is the secret to great living? Entire separation to Christ and devotion to Him. Thus speaks every man and woman whose life has made more than a passing flicker in the spiritual realm. It is the life that has no time for trifling that counts.”

Amy Carmichael
"God’s sacred intent for us goes far beyond adding some Christian morality to our self-indulgent lives. His intent for you and me is nothing short of absolute abandonment to Jesus Christ, entire separation from the pollution of the world, and ardent worship of our Lord with every breath we take."  And this was the message shared at the Set Apart Girl conference that Isabel and I were invited to attend.  Though it was a bit over little dolly's head, it was so exciting to get away as "just the girls" (she used to say, "mama, we are da girwals.") for a day and hear such a special message - plus the snuggle time could NOT be beat as she held my hand tight, sat on my lap and even took a little snooze in the end (she's getting bigger, and has so many things on her agenda each day, so I savor these times all the more).  It might be over her head now, but how wonderful to have access and knowledge to such resources.  Though I didn't agree wholeheartedly with absolutely everything that she shared (you can always email me, if you truly want more on that) Leslie Ludy's overall message is to challenge young women (and maybe a few of us that weren't so "young") away from the mediocre standards of this world and into the glorious reality of a life fully consecrated to Christ.  I love a good challenge, and she did that.  Love, love!    If you get a chance to hear her, or even a simulcast, you will not be disappointed. 

While we were gone, the boys tackled a manly project and built a solid trailer/hauler for the four wheeler.  With Father's Day coming up, I love to reflect on how blessed my little family is to have a daddy like Chad.  How many men would save for THREE whole years (remember we work with a pastor's salary, you could check out the denomination's website if you were truly curious, ha :)) to buy a four wheeler for his family (did I mention that he researched like a madman, found it slightly used in another state- 3 hours away, and talked his wife into an adventure at 7pm at night to go and pick it up?  The kids went wild, Drew was actually a bit concerned!)  How many men would "hold down the fort" with SIX sons so his wife and daughter could go out for an entire day?  He genuinely loves it!  I could truly go on and on, and you'd be begging me to stop.  Mostly I'm saying that we are so blessed and so thankful.  He illustrates what a godly father should be, and he gives all the credit to the One we serve.  God is so good. 

No comments: