Our vicarage in Crookston, NE is not going to work out for our family. I will spare you the dramatic details of the stress and tears shed over the components of our situation. This has been a long road for all of us up to this point, but we are still waiting to see where God is going to place us after all. Today we found out that the district president (the man who sort of *keeps a pulse* on activities in churches/also which pastors are leaving, retiring, staying) in Nebraska is working on another possible vicarage placement for us.
We have spent the last few weeks getting used to this idea...of not going to The Sandhills. Drew had sent away for a variety of information about the area, all of it had excited us. So now we find that we have to deal with our hearts and mind mentally saying a "farewell" to so many things we were looking forward to experiencing. We had just a snippet of information about the people who make up the churches of this area, so in a way that was good. If we had been given more information..we might have fallen harder...though I'm not sure how much lower one could feel right now regarding this "being placed in a church" business.
Farewell *cowboy and rodeo days *white sandy beaches and stargazing at Merritt Reservoir *pow-wows in Rosebud *canoeing/tubing the Niobrara River *wildlife refuges *meeting a real life rancher's wife named Eve with son named Cactus (so cool, she was the real deal) - I was looking forward to meeting you *sending valentines from Valentine *unique birds and animals of the Sandhills *Snake River Falls/Smith Falls *wonderful pastor supervisor for Chad *Arthur Bowring Sandhills Ranch State Historical Park *exposing the kids to many horses and ranches
Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. We will keep you posted...
2 comments:
We are saddened to hear you will not be moving to the sandhills. Cactus was hoping to meet your boys and have new friends, but I know that all is not lost. I feel as though I already know your family from reading your blog, which I will continue to do. Just think you will still get know our part of the world through my blog which I hope you have time to keep up with. I will pray for you and your family.
We miss you all already. I love the new blog design:) We had so much fun with you all! Praying for you... everyday!
Sara
Post a Comment