

One evening we were driving to a church soup supper in a nearby town when out of the blue, a little deer ran across the road and we hit it. Little dear, little dent, lots of damage, lots of money. In the first picture you can still see deer hair on the black area of the bumper. The kids were pretty shook up about the whole ordeal and even had a few bad dreams about it, but the thought of deer hair on our van - well that was somehow pretty cool. Chad drives 25 miles to the second church that he shepherds and he sees deer as plentiful as squirrels on a seminary campus (you would have to see it to believe it, they could be downright aggressive little critters). Seriously, sometimes hundreds of deer at a time, then he'll drive a bit farther and see a herd of fifty or so more. I think city folks might really like this. I could collect their money and take them in my big white van with all the children and
carefully drive them to Franklin. But I digress, I wanted to mention that just this past week Chad had to slam on the brakes twice on just one trip home to avoid another collision. It happens all the time. And if it's not deer, it's raccoon, opposum, or coyotes. I read in the Red Cloud Chief (local newspaper, with
only the most reliable information) that there are fox that play on abandoned cars on the south edge of town and that to watch your pets because bobcat and cougars have been seen in town. Come on now.
Needless to say, we pray for vicar's safety A LOT. Wild, I say. See? Lots of adventure in rural Nebraska!
No comments:
Post a Comment