Friday, February 19, 2010
My best friend
Chad was asked to do the invocation for The Farmers, Ranchers, and Merchants Annual Commerce dinner here in Red Cloud. So we went out for a night on the town! O.K.- well - we ate supper with the farmers, ranchers and merchants of the area. For real, this is what rural Nebraska does and until you leave and come back, I don't think that you really realize that not everyone gets invited to eat with many farmers, ranchers, and merchants. It was so neat to see that almost every table had a warm and friendly face, our church family! I seriously ask myself (sometimes in frustration, mostly in happiness and awe) "Is this our life?" Why yes it is. And the memories of last year, the interviews, the waiting, the dreaming and anticipating of where the Lord would place us after the seminary...it's all just a memory now. We're right where the Lord had planned all along. If someone would have told us ten years ago that we'd be living in south central Nebraska, serving two churches, with six children, still serving in the Air Force, we would have never believed them. But that's the way our Lord works. He's got the plan and He's the one navigating, we're along for the ride, if we'll let Him. So here's a picture of that night and I added several posts today...just because. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You all are lookin' GOOD. Will this be your new facebook picture? ;)
That is a great picture...Becky did you color your hair... I know a ramdom question, but it doesn't look as blond. You look beautiful friend. Nebraska must be treating you well:) Sending hugs from OK.
Sara
Love all of the pictures of everyone! Miss you all so much! Let me know if you're coming back for graduation. We would love to see you!
Thanks for the compliments you guys! Made my day :) Lisa, that picture will only be my profile picture with my husband's help...how embarrassing that I don't really remember how to do those things. Trust me, he's tried to teach me...I did finally get the blog thing down so there is hope,ha. Sara, all credit goes to my dear husband. I've never colored my hair, unless you count the Sun In I used in 8th greade. Maybe it has to do with the lack of sunshine this winter?? Could just be the lighting. I did get more layers cut though - $12 and by far my favorite haircut. Love small town hair prices! Thanks for the hugs. Linda, our trip to STL is going to be Fri, the 21st of May. Vicar doesn't want to get a fill-in pastor (and no, I don't call him Vicar to his face usually, but it is fun to say). And anyone who is reading this and wants to rob our home that day...watch out for the vicious dog...worse, the neighbors with the guns. I mean we ARE in rural Nebraska.
Post a Comment