So we kicked it off with Asher's latest.
Isabel: Is working on "pumping" on the swing and is usually found with a purse, paper, or playdough in her hand. She loves to help with all kitchen duties and enjoys "making the boys' day" by surprising them and doing their chores. She has stated that she wants to have 19 kids like The Duggars, so we're having to change our prayers for her future husband. HA!
Grant: Turning six years old last month has found this little guy growing up and maturing quite a bit. He still loves his DeeDee (huge stuffed cat), and is in love with Harley our new pet. During our many Wednesday evening church services this past month he would sit near me and be content just listening and taking it all in. He loves that the weather is nice and can be outside more now. He is still working on his voice volume, but if it turns out that he goes into the military or police work, NONE of us will be surprised.
Evan: Is super thrilled that some wonderful church members have donated their basketball hoop to our driveway. He's out pounding the cement most every chance he gets and is constantly rallying everyone up for a game of kickball in our yard. He and Grant are both doing great with their reading skills in school, and he's so proud of this new ability. We're constantly hearing "how do you spell...." or "is this how you spell..." He loves to make his family laugh.
Adam: Cannot wait until school is out for the year! This year has been pretty challenging in the math area but reading and english have been his love. He's going through all of Drew's chapter books now and must be going through a major growth spurt because he's rarely FULL. He's still our man with many questions, and continues to be quiet in public and quite dramatic at home. We actually tell him that maybe we need to enroll him in a proper drama class to hone in on those budding "skills?"
Drew: Has conquered quite a bit in school this year. He had many conquerers, state facts, cell groups, and classifications to comprehend in school and has done a fine job keeping his grades up. He still keeps us heading to the library regularly and cannot wait until baseball begins in a few weeks. Some of the church members are quite impressed that he has learned the church's computer music system and can work the whole service with his dad. He and Adam also make sure our church always has an acolyte, pretty convenient being the minister's sons.
I love these kids.
3 comments:
We love them too! They all change so quickly and in such amazing ways. Can't wait to see you all again SOON.
Becky,I love all of the updates and pictures! Still miss you guys, especially on Tuesdays at the YMCA. Please let me know when you'll be back for graduation if you have time to get together, even for just a playdate at the park or something. Love, Linda
I don't know how I missed this one earlier... now those were the updates I was wanting to hear about my godson and the others... I love the details.
Ok this will sound crazy, but when I glanced quickly at the picture of Asher, I thought he looks like his momma. I know that sounds a little silly, but something about him looks like you Becky. He is just a doll. When I called you tonight, the kids were talking to Hope and saying... "Ok, momma is going to call Mrs. Boggs, your future husbands mom." Too funny. They have the same lips... :)
Thanks so much for talking Becky!
Sara
Post a Comment